Perform surveys for determination of existing land contours, and structures for design and construction purposes. The horizontal control for most surveys is the North American Datum of 1983. We utilize Trimble Global Positioning System Receivers and Topcon total stations which are used for horizontal control. The vertical control for most of our surveys is the North American Vertical Datum of 1929. We will use the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 if it is in the area of our survey.
Types of Surveys Performed:
- Conventional survey with handwritten notes showing the existing topographic features and levels performed with an engineering level, i.e. self-leveling direct reading level.
- Electronic data collection survey with Topcon Total Station. The information collected will be broken down on TDS and Microstation/Eagle Point Software.
- Aerial survey with the aerial targets set at predetermined positions.
- Perform precise levels in areas where there are problems with settling or the bench mark control is poor.
- Perform replacement bench mark work if a bench mark is going to be destroyed. Perform Monument Inspections of Tract Maps and Parcels Maps.
- Perform extensive Global Positioning System surveys with other agencies, federal government, and various colleges and universities.
Perform Construction Surveying for the Following:
- Road construction stakes: Slope stakes, various grade stakes, Con stakes, curb stakes
- Utility stakes
- Structure stakes
- Bridge staking
- Railroad track staking
- Elevations of existing ground before and after construction to determine quantities Flood control channels, ditches and catch basins
- Perform Quality Assurance surveying for inspectors on projects to assure the construction stakes of others were set within the accuracies necessary for the task.
- Perform property surveys and setting property corners.
Survey & Right-of-way Forms
Survey & Right-of-way Brochures
Ed Hunt, Supervising Land Surveyor
4080 Lemon Street
PO Box 1090
Riverside, CA 92502-1090
County Engineers Association of California
California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
California Land Surveyor's Association
League of California Surveying Organizations (LCSO)
Find California Code
American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (ACSM)
National Geodetic Survey
U.S. Geological Survey